Friday, September 10, 2010

Research, research, research

Mandy and I are still sitting at Chili's Too on Baylor's campus completely engrossed in researching Tommy Duncan and organizing the numerous files we already have regarding this project.

I've already found opposing accounts about Tommy Duncan's early life and start with Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys.  However, all the information I have found I find extremely interesting and would love to find someone to interview (possibly Glynn Duncan? Who better to give the account of Tommy Duncan's early life then his own brother?) to get the cold, hard facts.  I'm also hoping to meet someone tomorrow at Billy Mata and the Texas Tradition's 30th Anniversary at the Martinez Social Club in San Antonio who may have a personal connection to the Western Swing legend.

Speaking of the event tomorrow, I can't express how excited I am to attend.  Last Friday at the Broken Spoke in Austin was such an amazing experience.  Interviewing Carolyn Martin, Billy Mata and Floyd Domino for the first documentary I have ever worked on was truly awesome.  Everyone was so helpful, nice and so willing to cooperate with Baylor PR!

By the way, Mandy and I have created all of our accounts with ME BUPR, which stands for Mandy Erica Baylor University PR, but we are open to any suggestions on what we should be calling ourselves now that we are in business together!

-Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment